RCE Greater Atlanta
This Wiki is designed to be used as a collaborative, shared resources page for RCE Greater Atlanta. Resources added to this page should be SDG, ESD, and other RCE-related topics that are specific to RCE Greater Atlanta. General resources relevant to all the Americas RCEs should be added to the RCE Americas Wiki:Main Page.
Instructions on How to Edit/Add to the Wiki:
Click on the 'Edit' tab at the top of the page or at the top of each section. To add regular text, just add it and then click on "Save changes" at the bottom of the page. Use the following symbols to add additional section headers, hyperlinks, or bullets:
- == (insert header title) ==
- This adds a header to the table of contents. To add a sub-header, add an extra equals sign = at the beginning and end
- [insert hyperlink URL Hyperlink Text]
- This adds a hyperlink to the URL that is inside of the brackets. Insert the hyperlink URL first inside of the bracket. Then, insert a space followed by the text to be hyperlinked.
- Note: An email hyperlink must have mailto: before the email address.
- * (bullet text)
- An asterisk adds a bullet point. To add a sub-bullet point, add an extra asterisk *
For more help on formatting a Wiki, visit MediaWiki Formatting Help.
UN SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals)
- Liam's Legacy Symposium at Georgia Tech: Creating, Implementing, & Measuring the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals
- The 7th annual Liam's Legacy Symposium features Jessica Espey, Senior Advisor to the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN). In 2015, after a 4-year negotiation process, 193 United Nations member countries agreed upon a new global framework for development that included 17 Sustainable Development Goals. The “SDGs” span nearly every developmental issue facing the world, from climate change to poverty to sustainable production and consumption. They are as relevant in the United States as they are in places like Somalia. The ambition of this universal agenda is to shepherd the whole world towards a more sustainable, equitable and prosperous future, where no one is left behind. Jessica Espey, who was a lead negotiator in the SDG process, reflects on the negotiation process and shares insights into SDG implementation in diverse locations around the world.
Education for Sustainable Development
- Atlanta Global Studies Symposium at Georgia Tech - RCE Greater Atlanta Track, Session 1: Advancing Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) through RCEs
- In this opening talk for Session 1, Kim Smith, co-founder of RCE Greater Portland, presents foundations in Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), illustrates priorities to achieve UNESCO’s Global Action Programme on ESD, and highlights ways that RCEs around the world are advancing ESD in their regions.